This Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) training was held in Spanish. The training was designed for adults who regularly interact with young people. It introduced common mental health challenges for youth, reviews typical adolescent development and taught a five-step action plan for how to help young people in a crisis and non-crisis situation.
* Common signs and symptoms of mental health conditions in this age group that included anxiety, depression, eating disorders and attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD).
* How to interact with a child or adolescent in crisis.
* Common signs and symptoms of substance use challenges.
* How to connect youth with help.
* Expanded content on trauma, substance use, self-care and the impact of social media and bullying.
For more information email: email@example.com
The YMHFA training session is for informational purposes only and not medical/professional advice.