The Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) training is designed for adults who regularly interact with young people. It will introduce the common mental health challenges for youth, review typical adolescent development and teach a five-step action plan for how to help young people in a crisis and non-crisis situation.
The training includes:
* Common signs and symptoms of mental health conditions that include anxiety, depression, eating disorders and attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD).
* How to interact with a child or adolescent in crisis.
* Common signs and symptoms of substance use challenges.
* How to connect youth with help.
* Expanded content on trauma, substance use, self-care and the impact of social media and bullying.
Register today with Denique at firstname.lastname@example.org
The training is FREE of charge to the community! Lunch will be provided!
The YMHFA training session is for informational purposes only and not medical/professional advice.