Understanding Sizeism: What is it, and why should we learn about it?
All Stamford providers working with young people, please attend our 2nd quarterly meeting for FY24.
Learn what sizeism is and why it is one of the identities youth development professionals need to know more about. Join us as we explore the many facets of this controversial topic and the stigmas surrounding body image and size.
- Trainer: Nyaunu Stevens, Director of Programs, National Conference for Community ad Justice, which promotes inclusion and acceptance by providing education and advocacy while building communities that are respectful and just for all.
- Understanding Sizeism from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Networking/resource sharing 12:30 to 1:00 p.m.
- Lunch will be provided
- Location: Domus Kids, 83 Lockwood Avenue, Stamford.
- Park on the street or in the back parking lot off Frank Street; enter through front of building (buzzer entry).
Lunch is provided. To Register/RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org