The Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) training is designed for adults who regularly interact with young people. It introduces common mental health challenges for youth, reviews typical adolescent development and teaches a five-step action plan for how to help young people in a crisis and non-crisis situation.
* Common signs and symptoms of mental health conditions in this age group that included anxiety, depression, eating disorders and attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD).
* How to interact with a child or adolescent in crisis.
* Common signs and symptoms of substance use challenges.
* How to connect youth with help.
* Expanded content on trauma, substance use, self-care and the impact of social media and bullying.
If interested in attending this training, please email Denique at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the registration process. Please include the training date in the subject line with your name, phone number and any organization/community group you represent.
The YMHFA training session is for informational purposes only and not medical/professional advice.