This Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) training will be held in Haitian Creole. The training is designed for adults who regularly interact with young people. It will introduce common mental health challenges for youth, reviews typical adolescent development and will teach a five-step action plan for how to help young people in a crisis and non-crisis situation.
* Common signs and symptoms of mental health conditions in this age group that include anxiety, depression, eating disorders and attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD).
* How to interact with a child or adolescent in crisis.
* Common signs and symptoms of substance use challenges.
* How to connect youth with help.
* Expanded content on trauma, substance use, self-care and the impact of social media and bullying.
The YMHFA training session is for informational purposes only and not medical/professional advice.
For further information, email: RNoel@domuskids.org